By Mitchell B. Lerner
- Explores the legacy of Johnson and the ancient value of his years as president
- Covers the complete variety of themes, from the social and civil rights reforms of the nice Society to the elevated American involvement in Vietnam
- Incorporates the dramatic new proof that has come to mild during the unlock of round 8,000 cellphone conversations and conferences that Johnson secretly recorded as President
Read or Download A Companion to Lyndon B. Johnson (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) PDF
Best government books
For many years, India has been a conservative democracy ruled via the higher caste notables coming from the city bourgeoisie, the landowning aristocracy and the intelligentsia. The democratisation of the ‘world’s greatest democracy’ begun with the increase of peasants’ events and the politicisation of the decrease castes who voted their very own representatives to strength once they emancipated themselves from the elite’s domination.
Sooner than ultimate courtroom nominees are allowed to take their position at the excessive court docket, they have to face a second of democratic reckoning through showing prior to the Senate Judiciary Committee. regardless of the capability this holds for public enter into the path of criminal swap, the hearings are regularly derided as not anything yet empty rituals and political grandstanding.
Initially released in 1995, and within the similar vintage investigative form of Whitewash and Case Open, Harold Weisberg turns his sharp investigative eye in the direction of the occasions surrounding the post-mortem of John F. Kennedy. within by no means back! you’ll find: the categorical truths concerning the post-mortem of John F.
This ebook addresses women's civil techniques for negotiation and management via cautious research of social technology examine and administration idea in addition to interviews with girls legislators, documenting how ladies in Washington are affecting the improvement of the realm in any respect degrees. • Addresses how ladies in Washington have redefined management and gear when it comes to how they pay attention, paintings collaboratively, negotiate, facilitate switch, speak successfully, and empower and mentor others• Identifies ameliorations within the evidenced own ethics among the genders in Congress which are reflective in their characters and professionalism—or lack thereof• offers examples of the weird bipartisanship and civility may be obvious within the casual "sisterhood" that ladies senators and representatives have proven that permits for extra mature and cooperative relationships
- The New City Manager - A Study in Government Ethics
- Freedom in America
- Memory and Justice in Post-Genocide Rwanda
- Order and Disorder in the International System (Global Interdisciplinary Studies Series)
- Peopling the Constitution
Extra resources for A Companion to Lyndon B. Johnson (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History)
A Companion to Lyndon B. Johnson (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) by Mitchell B. Lerner